- 6 ounces extra-wide egg noodles
- 2 – 2 1/4 pound purchased roasted chicken
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 cloves garlic, minced, or 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 3/4 cups whole milk or light cream
- 1/2 slice white or wheat bread
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Snipped fresh thyme (optional)directions1.Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In a Dutch oven bring 6 cups salted water to boiling; add noodles. Cook for 10 minutes or until tender; drain.
2.Meanwhile, remove chicken from bones. Discard skin and bones; shred chicken. In a saucepan combine chicken, peas, garlic, and whole milk; heat through. Cover and keep warm.
3.In a blender or food processor, process bread into coarse crumbs with several on/off turns. Transfer to a small bowl; add 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese and melted butter.
4.Stir noodles and remaining Parmesan cheese into hot chicken mixture. Heat and stir until bubbly. Divide among four individual casserole dishes. Top each with some of the bread crumb mixture. Bake for 5 minutes or until top begins to brown. If desired, top with fresh thyme.